NPAPI Depreciation in Chrome

rss

Posted by dstgroup - Apr 15 ’15 at 09:49

As of today Google has now turned of NPAPI by default in Chrome 42. As a result Silverlight no longer functions. There is a switch that allows turning it back on ,but only until Sept when it will be removed completely from Chrome.

What are the plans for the form designer as we see browsers moving away from plug ins etc?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 10 months 17 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Apr 16 ’15 at 01:24

Hi,

Thanks for the question. The Silverlight is used by the designer only, it doesn't affect final forms. So, you will be able to customize forms in any other browser, say, IE.

• dstgroup
    Member for: 7 years 5 months 5 days
    #2 by dstgroup Apr 16 ’15 at 03:24

I realize it is only the designer. However Chrome is not the only browser with the issue. MS plans to make Spartin the default Browser in Win 10 and it too doesn't support plug ins. I take that to mean MS is also depreciating them.

So I was wondering if there were plans for that issue.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 10 months 17 days
    #3 by Dmitry Kozlov Apr 16 ’15 at 04:19

[#2]: Well, most likely, the RTM version of Spartan will support Silverlight andJava as well. Anyway, Spartan and IE11 will coexist in Windows 10, so you will be able to use IE11 to design forms. Currently, Silverlight is the fastest technology for such applications as Forms Designer. We compared our solution with other designers based on HTML/JS and found out that our app is much more stable, fast and easy-to-use, thanks to Silverlight and our developers, of course smile

• kennethsburke
    Member for: 11 days
    #4 by kennethsburke Jul 28 ’22 at 03:06
    New Windows software available – please update Great news, our newest, freshest, hottest and coolest release of our software. As with all major updates even from the huges like Google and Microsoft there are low issues that need user attention. Luckily for us we only have one – software will not renew itself you have to do it manually. Not to worry though as it does not demand any magical “hocus – pocus”. What you need to do is very simple. Uninstall your eldest HideIPVPN software from your Windows machine, simply at our site to download current version and install  - DONE! Now, we are getting to the most great part – What’s new and why must you get it (if you have not tried it yet – do so, it creates “VPN life” much easier). The biggest change is the addition of the OpenVPN protocol. Right now you can choose it and use it with packages, where it was previously inaccessible. This means that with this software we put full freedom in how you want to use your VPN service. You no longer need to create a connection to each server manually, configure the fixed method with which the protocol your PC is connected to our VPN servers. You can do this at will, as well as with a change in the servers to which you are connected. We hope that you will like implemented changes and that the need to change this software manually will not push you away. If you encounter any problems, open a support ticket here or use the Live Chat option (the icon is visible on the site when our representatives are online). If you have any other requests or suggestions, please tell us about it, and we will do our best to adapt accordingly. At the same time, do not forget - your IP - your identifier - always use VPN! As you can see the difference is stunning. As long as I was browsing (without VPN) national sites I hand no problems. But when I tried to access sites on servers in UK or US the effect was exactly the same as when I connected to our VPN servers – internet got dead slow. This means that traffic created by this small, local ISP was “lower graded” by the BIG, National ISP who was the actual service provider. All of you who are currently enjoying our service we would like to remind that there is new software available (for PC only). It will help you make your connections quicker, change encryption protocol or change server you are connected to. If you are here for the first time - please, go to our Premium section and choose the package that best suits your needs. As we wrote above, if you are using vpn proxy for chrome on a PC, we recommend to use our software – it will make it much easier for you to connect. We also encourage you to test our services first. 3 hour, free trial of full Premium package is at your disposal at our site! All of you (our customer or not) are welcome to join us at our Facebook page and Google+ page - there you can get latest news about the service, tips and win a Free VPN account (from time to time).
  • jim4422
    Member for: 5 days
    #5 by jim4422 Aug 2 ’22 at 09:03

Recognize and get rid of outmoded processes by delegating manual tasks to intelligence ML programs.  aws machine learning services

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 messages