IsMobileDevice

rss

Posted by Sebastian Fernandez - Oct 9 ’15 at 08:04

hello,

I wonder what criteria used for the function: isMobileDevice, since tried using a "form based on condition". I accessing from a mobile phone and did not open the correct form

• rostislav
    rostislav
    Member for: 7 years 3 months 12 days
    #1 by rostislav Oct 9 ’15 at 09:21

We use a slightly modified version of this script http://detectmobilebrowsers.com/.

Which is basically a really long regular expression used on the browser's user agent string. It's not 100% proof, but it gives a good chance of detection. There isn't really any other way than this.

• Sebastian Fernandez
    Sebastian Fernandez
    Member for: 6 years 10 months 9 days
    #2 by Sebastian Fernandez Oct 9 ’15 at 10:49

While the web is you provided me, if I enter my mobile phone tells me: "mobile browser detected", and from my laptop "NO mobile browser detected".

I added a new group of view form, provided: isMobileDevice () == true, but it continues to open the default form. the syntax is correct the condition?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 10 months 26 days
    #3 by Dmitry Kozlov Oct 10 ’15 at 05:36

[#2]: Hi Sebastian,

IsMobileDevice, IsTabletDevice, and UserAgent are not functions, they are values. So, please, use them without parantheses, like this:

IsMobileDevice == true

• Sebastian Fernandez
    Sebastian Fernandez
    #4 by Sebastian Fernandez Oct 13 ’15 at 06:55

[#3]: I tried with "IsMobileDevice == true" but when i do click on "validate" button the formula, show me message: "Invalid parameter 'IsMobileDevice"

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #5 by Dmitry Kozlov Oct 13 ’15 at 06:59

[#4]: Please, ensure that you have installed the latest version of Forms Designer (3.0.4). You can download it from our website. Please, note that after upgrading, you will need to re-activate Forms Designer feature at the site collection level and re-save all form in the new version of Forms Designer.

• Sebastian Fernandez
    Sebastian Fernandez
    #6 by Sebastian Fernandez Oct 13 ’15 at 07:52

[#5]: Please, let me how know my version for spform, and please paste me the link download for last version spform

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #7 by Dmitry Kozlov Oct 13 ’15 at 07:58

[#6]: You can find the currently installed version in the lower-right corner of Forms Designer. Download the latest version from our website:

http://spform.com/download

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 messages