Can a specific user name be included in a 'User-Defined Rule?

rss

Posted by Merley72 - Oct 1 ’14 at 07:46

Hi,

I'm wanting to see if the name of a specific user (John Doe for example), can be included in a Group Editor option when I select that to have a User-Defined Rule instead of a SharePoint Group?  I'd like to also check if a particular status has been applied to document as well (for example - Validate) at the same time.

Checking the Validate status is easy ( [Status] == 'Validate' ), but getting the current user's name ( ContainsCurrentUser ) to be able to match a user name seems complicated.  I've used all manner of variants but think it might be down to the way SharePoint sees users.   Am I missing something here?  Should I do it a different way?  Can anyone guide me in this procewss please.

Thanks in advance.  Alan C

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 2 months 20 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Oct 2 ’14 at 04:02

Hi Alan,

Please, try the following formula:

[Status] == 'Validate' && CurrentUserName == 'John Doe'

You can also check the current user by login:

[Status] == 'Validate' && CurrentUserLogin == 'DOMAIN\login'

• Merley72
    Member for: 7 years 2 months 9 days
    #2 by Merley72 Oct 2 ’14 at 05:33

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for that it works perfectly. Next time I promise to read all of the help text before I ask this kind of question!

Regards

Alan C.

• wernereegranad75
    Member for: 7 months 19 days
    #3 by wernereegranad75 Apr 22 ’21 at 01:01

In my own experience, you can make a specific user name be included in a 'User-Defined Rule by declaring the value of it on may line of your code. Try the best vehicle in offroad outlaws by making them, yes you heard it right! You can assemble your own vehicle in this awesome racing game by collecting the parts on every matches your played. If you are looking for a strategy game then clash royale is highly recommend for you. Both games can played on your PC or mobile devices too

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 messages