SPLookupAddNew

rss

Posted by Mike - May 24 ’13 at 01:04

I added references to jquery and SPServices to the master page. Verified the reference is good..)

I added a table to the form design, then I added this js-code to the js-editor in the new form:

window.$().SPServices.SPLookupAddNew({ 
  lookupColumn: "ClassificationLevel",
  promptText: "Add new {0} "
});

Unfortunately it's not working.... can you help? Thanks, Bill

  • Dmitry
    Dmitry
    Admin
    Member for: 7 years 6 months 2 days
    #1 by Dmitry May 24 ’13 at 01:25

    You are right, there is an issue with SPLookupAddNew. How to get it working:

    Use jquery 1.9.0 (not 1.9.1 because it has a bug with responseXML)

    Put your lookup field into table and set its cell's Css Class to ‘ms-formbody’. SPServices uses it in selector to place ‘add new’ link.
    SharePoint Forms Designer splookupaddnew

    Put your js-code into js-editor:

    window.$().SPServices.SPLookupAddNew({ 
      lookupColumn: "Parent",
      promptText: "Add new {0} "
    });
    

    Result:
    SharePoint Forms Designer splookupaddnew

  • lijupnandanan
    Member
    Member for: 3 years 7 months 30 days
    #2 by lijupnandanan Apr 12 ’16 at 06:24

    Hi,

    i tried to get data from a lsi using SPService caml Query. But I got an error like "SPServices error Object doesn't support property or method SPFilterNode" . I referred spservice and jquery min js on master page. Still got this error.

    This is my Code


    function GetQueryDetAndHide(columnName)
    {
    alert("Qry Hide");
    var thisSite = window.$().SPServices.SPGetCurrentSite().toLowerCase();
    alert("Site :"+thisSite);
    //thisSite=thisSite.replace("qhse","admin");
    var serviceURL = thisSite;
    try
    {
    window.$().SPServices({
    operation: "GetListItems",
    async: false, 
    webURL: serviceURL ,  
    listName: "SettingsList",
    CAMLQuery: "<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Value' /><Value Type='Lookup'>"+columnName+"</Value></Eq></Where></Query>",
    CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields>  <FieldRef Name='Title' /> </ViewFields>",
    completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
    $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function() {
    alert('qry inside remove');
    var liHtml =  $(this).attr("ows_Title") ;
    alert(liHtml);
    $("nobr:contains("+liHtml+")").parent('h3').parent('td').parent('tr').hide();
    $("#tasksUL").append(liHtml);

    });
    }
    });
    }
    catch(err)
    {
    alert(err.message);
    }
    }

    I got the current site url on this but got error on  "  $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function()" this session.

  • Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 6 years 2 months 22 days
    #3 by Dmitry Kozlov Apr 12 ’16 at 07:09

    [#2]: Hi,

    Please, try to add the following line to the beginning of your function:

    function GetQueryDetAndHide(columnName)
    {
    var $ = window.$;
    ...
    } 
    
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 messages