Related listissue on edit and delete

rss

Posted by Sonoma - Feb 9 ’17 at 05:07

Hi. I have run into a problem with the related issues.

When a user goes into a form and edits the data then goes to delete a record in the related list it redirects to the related list after delete and all changes are disregarded/lost.

Any wya to avoid this from happening?

Current version is 3.0.8.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 5 years 10 months 28 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Feb 10 ’17 at 05:07

Hi,

How does a user delete a related item: via the context menu or the form? What's the configuration of the related item: client-side or server-side rendering?

• Sonoma
    Member for: 4 years 10 months 24 days
    #2 by Sonoma Feb 10 ’17 at 08:26

[#1]: Through a dialog window via the EDIT button.

• Sonoma
    #3 by Sonoma Feb 10 ’17 at 09:34

[#2]: Quick correction. Maybe more detail. It does not redirect if i edit the record via the edit button.

Only if I delete it.

The steps:
    From main(parent) i click the Edit button from view/list for the record I wish to remove.

The dialog opens.

I click delete record.

When it sends the submission for delete it closes dialog and redirects to the related list linked to the related-list. This is not the behavior if I just edit a record.

When it redirects after the delete is sent any parent form changes are lost. This does not happen if the record is edited. Also if I Edit or Delete from the parent page which does not open the dialog window all changes on the parent page are retained.

I have the related list set to optional to allow inline edit as well as adding and inserting a record in the dialog window. I need the popup dialod so I can create the form as it looks in its original form. Side by side and special labels and such. The inline edit does not allow for this.

Thanks.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 5 years 10 months 28 days
    #4 by Dmitry Kozlov Feb 13 ’17 at 03:10

[#3]: Do you open the parent form in a dialog too? If so, unfortunately, you cannot keep the dialog open after deleting a child record. I recommend you you to open a parent form in the main window.

• Sonoma
    #5 by Sonoma Feb 13 ’17 at 08:38

[#4]:  Thank you. I will let them know to only open for edit and to delete from the main page.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 messages