Redirect to edit form from other page

rss

Posted by Katy - Apr 22 ’16 at 03:34

HI, I have a form that redirects user from new to edit for additional editing (some workflows attached). I was using this instruction for creating that: http://formsdesigner.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-to-open-edit-form-right-after.html It is working if i am adding items from the New Item link in the list.

But i need to place this form on another site page, so i was trying to do that using this article: http://formsdesigner.blogspot.com/2014/01/publish-designed-form-to-any-page.html and it doesn't work. It gives me "Page not found" error

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 3 months 29 days
    #11 by Dmitry Kozlov Apr 27 ’16 at 02:00

[#10]: Katy,

Please, download Forms Designer 3.0.7 from our website and upgrade your current version:
    http://spform.com/download

You can find the list of features/fixes at the version history page:
    http://spform.com/documentation/versions

• Katy
    Member for: 7 years 6 months 2 days
    #12 by Katy Apr 27 ’16 at 02:19

[#11]: Thank you, Dmitriy, we will upgrade tonight and i will test it in dev tomorrow.

• Katy
    #13 by Katy May 3 ’16 at 10:42

[#12]:

When i place the new form on a different page Save and Cancel buttons on the form become disabled, not clickable. Am i doing something wrong?

Redirect is working when i test the form from the original list and no issues with buttons in the original list.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 3 months 29 days
    #14 by Dmitry Kozlov May 3 ’16 at 04:31

[#13]: Are you sure that the form does not contain custom JS-code that disables the buttons?

• Katy
    #15 by Katy May 4 ’16 at 07:56

[#14]: I was my issue: last night there were some major system upgrade and now everything is working with the only issue: the buttons are still not active as soon as i add the form, but if i close the browser completely and reopen it again - they look fine and work as expected. The redirect is working also. I did diferent testing.

• Katy
    #16 by Katy May 26 ’16 at 02:51

[#11]: HI Dmitry, we've updated our Form Designer to 3.0.7 but the issue is still there: if i palce the new form to a different site i can't redirect the users to the edit form after that.

• rostislav
    rostislav
    Member for: 6 years 8 months 14 days
    #17 by rostislav May 27 ’16 at 07:35

[#16]:

Are you sure you're putting it onto a different site? You wouldn't be able to do that, Forms Designer would have given you an error message if you tried that.

• Katy
    #18 by Katy May 27 ’16 at 07:44

[#17]: It's not completely diferent site. It's a home page of the same subsite where my lists are. And if i follow the normal instructions even after update to 3.0.7 i am still getting that Page not found.

I used that work around again and it is working.

Another option: i modified the New Form page to look like home page and made it my welcome page. in this case the link looks ugly but i have no issues with resaving the form if i modify it.

• rostislav
    rostislav
    Member for: 6 years 8 months 14 days
    #19 by rostislav May 27 ’16 at 08:06

[#18]:

Try reactivating the Forms Designer feature at the site collection level and clearing your cache.

• marco_v
    Member for: 5 years 6 months 23 days
    #20 by marco_v Jul 27 ’16 at 08:13

Hi,

I cannot get the edit form working in another page . The edit form shows up in the page, but not with the data.

I already downloaded the latest version and added the script concerning the ListId tot the new form. And the correct ID is being set on the redirect page Url. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Regrads, Marco

Displaying 11 to 20 of 21 messages