Plumsail Lookup field not pointing to correct list, after saved in site template

rss

Posted by eedoh - Jul 22 ’14 at 05:47

I'm working on project management system development for our client. Once it's done, the site should be saved as a site template and they would use that template for site creation for every new project they get.

However, they would like to have central repository of all of their subcontractors, so when a subcontractor is added in one of the subsites/projects, it should become available in all of the others as well.

I tried creating Plumsail Lookup fields in tables that currently use Companies list. I created a site template and created subsite out of it, but the Company/Subcontractor fields were looking up to the local Companies table, and not the one located in site collection's root.

Do you have any advice about this.

  • Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 2 months 10 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Jul 22 ’14 at 11:33

    Hello,

    I've tried the following steps to reproduce the issue:

    • Created a list on the root site
    • Created a sub-site called CSLTemplate
    • Created a list on the sub-site
    • Added Cross-site Lookup column to the list and set the list from the root site as its data source
    • Saved the sub-site as a template
    • Created a new sub-site on the root site based on the CSLTemplate

    The Cross-site Lookup column works properly on the new sub-site and uses the list from the root site as the data source.

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 messages