List View Threshold

rss

Posted by Alex Miller - Sep 23 ’14 at 09:18

Sorry.  I posted this in the ask a question section. I did not see the prior note about moving inquiry to the forum.

I have a list (list A) with cross site lookups to 5 different fields.  One of the lists these fields points to has records beyond the list view threshold (list B).  The fields are indexed columns both in lists A and B.
I can edit items fine using spforms. 
I cannot create a new item.  I get an error that I have exceeded then list view threshold.
Other lists that I have that are beyond the threshold that do not have lookups work fine to create a new item.  Is there a way around this OTHER than increasing the threshold, which is not recommended?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 6 years 2 months 20 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Sep 24 ’14 at 02:53

As I understood, you cannot create a new item in list B. Am I right? Does List B contain lookups? Could you provide the screenshot of the error?

• Alex Miller
    Alex Miller
    Member for: 5 years 2 months 19 days
    #2 by Alex Miller Sep 24 ’14 at 07:12

I cannot create a new item in List A.  I have been experimenting and as soon as i create a new item form (even with only one field on it) in spform, then I run into the threshold error and cannot create the new item.  With the default sharpoint new item form i can create a new item.  Is there a way around this as most of my lists have very large numbers of records.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #3 by Dmitry Kozlov Sep 25 ’14 at 03:10

[#2]: Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the issue: I created lists with more than 5000 items with/without lookups, pointed lookups to lists with exceeded threshold as well. But all new custom forms worked properly. So, please, try to install SP1 for SharePoint 2013:

Server:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880552

Foundation:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2880551

If it doesn't help, let's schedule a TeamViewer session.

• Alex Miller
    Alex Miller
    Member for: 5 years 2 months 19 days
    #4 by Alex Miller Sep 26 ’14 at 07:55

I already am on the latest service pack - i did verify version numbers to be sure.

Even without the lookup columns and reverting back to a clean save, I can create an item when I do not use spforms, but when I define even the simplest form I get the threshold error.

I am available at any time that is convenient to you for a team viewer session. How would you liek to proceed?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #5 by Dmitry Kozlov Sep 29 ’14 at 01:28

[#4]: Hi Alex,

May we schedule the team viewer session for today from 4pm to 7pm (GMT+4)? Please, send the connection settings to [email protected]

• gilbert65
    Member for: 2 months 8 days
    #6 by gilbert65 Nov 15 ’19 at 05:34

Cross-checking rows allow you to integrate a SharePoint list with a public library into any of the sites listed on the site. I know about https://assignmentman.co.uk/ now. It provides an easy-to-use toolbox to quickly search for related items, supports thousands of thousands of features and has great ability to customize eg. softening down, refining and arranging results, adding new items to a linked list, etc.

• gilbert65
    Member for: 2 months 8 days
    #7 by gilbert65 Nov 15 ’19 at 05:50

Delta Baggage

• BulkCheapAmmo
    Member for: 11 days
    #8 by BulkCheapAmmo Nov 28 ’19 at 12:25

Visit Bulk Cheap ammo, we have all the top branded ammo available from different vendors. Bulk Cheap Ammo gives the best deals to gun lovers at competitive prices from top retailers. We have a different collection of ammo: 223 ammo, 22lr ammo, 22 TCM ammo, 45-70 ammo, Armscor ammo, vepr 12, 300 savage ammo more on our website.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 messages