Following: SharePoint2013 form with related items list

rss

Posted by MES5464 - Aug 26 ’13 at 02:02

I am trying to follow the instructions on "SharePoint 2013 form with related items list".

On the parent form I have this code:

var wp0 = $('div[id^="MSOZoneCell_WebPartWPQ"]:eq(0)');
wp0.detach().appendTo('#fd_tabcontrol-0-tab-1');
var newItem = wp0.find('.ms-list-addnew a');
var queryString = SP.ScriptHelpers.getDocumentQueryPairs();
newItem.attr('onclick', 'NewItem2(event, "' + newItem.attr('href') + '&expense=' + queryString['ID'] + '"); return false;')

When I view the form source the "new item" href has the following value: NewItem2(event, "http://share.showprg.com/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=8&ListId=%7B2546B655%2DC544%2D43C4%2D8F07%2D32A7C213B2E6%7D&RootFolder=&expense=10"); return false; On the child (New Form) I have the following code: var queryString = SP.ScriptHelpers.getDocumentQueryPairs(); fd.field('Expenses').control().value(queryString['expense']); However I never get the value in the "Expenses" lookup field. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks, Marion
  • Dmitry
    Dmitry
    Admin
    Member for: 7 years 6 months
    #1 by Dmitry Aug 28 ’13 at 02:43

Please, download and install the latest version of Forms Designer (2.7.5). It allows you to add related items directly in Forms Designer. We will publish the detailed documentation soon and I will put the link into this thread.

• Clint Lechner
    Clint Lechner
    Member for: 6 years 3 months 12 days
    #2 by Clint Lechner Aug 28 ’13 at 06:25

Hmmm, so Sharepoint isn't loading SP.Scripthelpers library.  Is that typically loaded?  I have 2.7.5 installed.

I actually have the same problem.  Verified a few times everything was correct but ultimately the console throws this javascript error --

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getDocumentQueryPairs' of undefined

Hmmm, so Sharepoint isn't loading SP.Scripthelpers library.  Is that typically loaded?  I have 2.7.5 installed.

• Clint Lechner
    Clint Lechner
    Member for: 6 years 3 months 12 days
    #3 by Clint Lechner Aug 28 ’13 at 07:19

Whoops, I read your message above wrong.  So it's implemented now?  Can't wait to see the documentation.  Well done!

• Jeff Childers
    Jeff Childers
    Member for: 6 years 3 months 11 days
    #4 by Jeff Childers Aug 29 ’13 at 11:24

[#1]: Is it possible to modify the New Item link in the related items section. If so, could you please include that documentation as well.  I would like pre-fill the child list with the lookup column value that I filter the related item list with.

• Dmitry
    Dmitry
    Admin
    Member for: 7 years 6 months
    #5 by Dmitry Aug 30 ’13 at 12:28
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 messages