display two columns in Manage Plumsail Lookup

rss

Posted by RMIC - Oct 1 ’15 at 09:38

Hello,

I have in a list a Manage Plumsail Lookup.
How can I view two columns within this Manage Plumsail Lookup Show?
Currently I have under format Item:
function(item) {
return '<span class="csl-option">' + item["{LookupField}"] + '</span>'
}

I have the article "Setting up the view of results in Cross-Site Lookup Column" (http://formsdesigner.blogspot.de/2013/07/setting-up-view-of-results-in-cross.html) read, but I do not come forward.

I want me display two text columns.

Many thanks!

• rostislav
    rostislav
    Member for: 4 years 5 months 8 days
    #1 by rostislav Oct 2 ’15 at 04:33

To display values of two columns inside the Cross Site lookup dropdown box:

1. Add the fields to the Request query. Here I'm adding two fields called 'anothercolumn1' and 'anothercolumn2' to my query:

function (term, page) {
      if (!term || term.length == 0) {
        return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},anothercolumn1,anothercolumn2&$orderby=Created desc&$top=10";
      }
      return "{WebUrl}/_api/web/lists('{ListId}')/items?$select=Id,{LookupField},anothercolumn1,anothercolumn2&$orderby={LookupField}&$filter=startswith({LookupField}, '" + encodeURIComponent(term) + "')&$top=10";
    }

2. Add the fields to the item format function:

function(item) {
      return '<span class="csl-option">' + item["{LookupField}"] + '  ' + item['anothercolumn1'] + '  ' + item['anothercolumn2'] + '</span>'
    }

Note that the names of the fields must be InternalNames, not titles (you can check in Forms Designer the internal name for a field).

If you want to also display multiple values inside the actual box (not the dropdown list), then you can add a calculated field with a formula like this:

[anothercolumn1]&" - "&[anothercolumn2]

and use it as the lookup field.

If you then want to filter the result set based on multiple fields check the following forum thread, especially starting from message [#7] http://forum.spform.com/forms-designer-for-sharepoint-20/cross-site-lookup-loading-failed-error-34396

• RMIC
    Member for: 4 years 5 months 4 days
    #2 by RMIC Oct 15 ’15 at 07:42

[#1]: Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 messages