Connect a display form to a web part item selection

rss

Posted by Dan_C - Jul 26 ’16 at 01:30

Is there a way to get the selected item's id in a webpart and then use that selection to show the appropriate item's display form in the same page? (like how you can connect web parts)

Right now I'm accomplishing this with web parts, but ideally I'd like to show the display form beside the selected item on the same page.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 6 years 10 months 25 days
    #1 by Dmitry Kozlov Jul 27 ’16 at 05:24

Hi,

You can put the selection to the view form and each time a user picked a value refresh the page with the selected ID query-parameter.

• Dan_C
    Member for: 5 years 8 months 20 days
    #2 by Dan_C Jul 27 ’16 at 10:33

[#1]: That's what I was thinking, but I was hoping you could clarify how to 1) get the selected id from the source web part and 2) receive it in forms designer and use it to refresh the display form with the item of that id.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 6 years 10 months 25 days
    #3 by Dmitry Kozlov Jul 28 ’16 at 05:24

[#2]: You can get the 'select' element with the help of jquery and then get the selected option. Our support team can assist you with it. Please, send temporary access to the page to [email protected] and we will estime the task.

• Dan_C
    Member for: 5 years 8 months 20 days
    #4 by Dan_C Jul 29 ’16 at 03:41

[#3]: I think we might just have the display form pop up in a dialog instead.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 messages