Cascading drop-downs

rss

Posted by schuess - Nov 2 ’15 at 02:34

I have read your post on Cascading drop downs, but since i do not own Cross-site lookup, i was a little confused.

I have 2 Site Columns.

termType is a Choice Field with the following possible values (For Cause, Lay-Off, Voluntary)

termReason is a Lookup Field which points to the Reason column on the lookup list "TermReasons".

The other column on that list has the same values as the termType field (For Cause, Lay-Off, Voluntary).

Can i make a cascading drop down where termType matches up with the title column in the TermReasons list, and thus filters termReason choices?

If so, how can i use the code provided in your post?

• rostislav
    rostislav
    Member for: 6 years 5 months 24 days
    #1 by rostislav Nov 3 ’15 at 07:07

Cross Site Lookup allows to use custom queries for requests, giving the ability to filter the result set. Regular SP lookup field doesn't have this ability. So, the answer to your question would be to buy a Cross Site Lookup license.

• schuess
    schuess
    Member for: 7 years 9 months 4 days
    #2 by schuess Nov 3 ’15 at 11:48

An alternative way to accomplish cascading drop-down using SPForm and Javascript is detailed by Mark Rackly on his blog at http://www.markrackley.net/2014/05/20/cascading-drop-down-lists-in-sharepoint-office-365-using-rest/

Thanks

• Russell232
    Member for: 30 days
    #3 by Russell232 Sep 28 ’21 at 12:54

The business is profitable largely because it has a monopoly on externalities that have nothing to do with the vehicle itself- e.g. people have an option to buy at cv help or not buy gas at any time that they need it yet drivers don't have the same option when buying a car that needs certain types.

• paul4422
    Member for: 4 months
    #4 by paul4422 Oct 26 ’21 at 07:50

always ready to assist you. Bear in mind, whenever you are looking to purchase an Help With Assignment with high-quality, we are the right and reliable choice for you.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 messages