Can textboxes and other controls be resized?

rss

Posted by eedoh - Feb 23 ’14 at 12:13

Hi again.

Our client has weird request, they want some of the forms to have grid-like looks. As there's no grid available as a control I tried using standard controls in a row, but my form gets too wide. Is there a way of setting the control size directly, in pixels.

I'd suggest making some kind of grid view btw. I hate grids on web, but this is not the first time I had to do it for a client, I', sure my case is not unique...

• eedoh
    Member for: 7 years 8 months 27 days
    #1 by eedoh Feb 23 ’14 at 12:20

OK, I found this forum thread http://forum.spform.com/forms-designer/css-selectors-1/ and it helped me setting width, but it impacted all the fields on the form. How can I apply it to selected fields only?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 1 month 6 days
    #2 by Dmitry Kozlov Feb 24 ’14 at 03:11

[#1]: Sure, you can assign a custom CSS class to the specific field in Forms Designer (e.g. 'your-custom-class') and define it in CSS-editor by the following way:

.your-custom-class input[type='text'] {
        font-size: 18px;
    }

• craigwat11
    Member for: 7 years 7 months 19 days
    #3 by craigwat11 May 21 ’14 at 11:03

Hi, is there anyway to lock the size of a multi-text field so text drops to the next line instead of just auto-expanding the size of the input field?

Thanks for all your help!

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 1 month 6 days
    #4 by Dmitry Kozlov May 23 ’14 at 02:17

[#3]: Hi,

Sure, please assign CSS-class to your multi-line text field, e.g. 'multi-text' and define it in CSS-editor following way:

.multi-text .fd_control {
      width: 200px;
    }

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 messages