Can I save created forms into site template?

rss

Posted by eedoh - Jan 31 ’14 at 12:25

Hello.

We're trying out Forms Designer and CrossSite Lookup for a project we just started. So far we like it, but we do have one BIG issue with them.

We're supposed to actually develop Sharepoint Site Template so the client can use that template each time they need to add new subsite. I just tried this, but after creating a subsite from the template, none of the list item forms are available. I just get the blank page (there's no even default Sharepoint form).

Letting the client import saved forms each time they add new subsite is not an option as the template is going to be huge.

Is there a way of saving the forms into the template and reusing them out of the box, or at least can we be sure that you're going to provide this feature in the next, say, 2 months, so we can go ahead and purchase the licenses, and upgrade the version later on?

• hp
    Member for: 7 years 18 days
    #21 by hp May 8 ’15 at 09:42

Thanks Dmitry! that workes perfectly.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    Member for: 8 years 2 months 9 days
    #22 by Dmitry Kozlov Jul 7 ’15 at 03:25

[#21]: Good news for everyone! Now you can transfer forms within a site template even if they contain Related items controls or there are multiple groups of forms. Moreover, you can continue customizing forms on a target site right after creating:

http://spform.com/documentation/versions#3_0_1

• Anita Weber
    Anita Weber
    Member for: 6 years 4 days
    #23 by Anita Weber Dec 15 ’15 at 10:08

Dimtry, can you please confirm the process.   If I save a site as a template in SharePoint Online and there are lists in that current site with Form Designer instances configured, will they also save in the Site Template?

Likewise, if I create Dashboard Designer instances are they saved with the Site Template by chance?

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #24 by Dmitry Kozlov Dec 16 ’15 at 04:22

[#23]: Hi Anita,

Yes, starting from Forms Designer 3.0.1 you can transfer forms within a site template. As for Dashboard Designer, you should test it: if a source list has the same URL in the new location then the chart will work.

• Chrisack
    Member for: 4 years 11 months 26 days
    #25 by Chrisack Dec 2 ’16 at 12:26

[#22]:

Hello, I am currently getting an error trying to create a site template using Forms Designer 3.1.2 for SharePoint Online. Is this issue resolved or does it require additional configuration? Here is the error:

Sorry, this site can't be saved as a template. It contains apps that don't work in templates: Forms Designer

Thanks for your help.

• Dmitry Kozlov
    Dmitry Kozlov
    Admin
    #26 by Dmitry Kozlov Dec 5 ’16 at 04:05

[#25]: Hi,

You cannot save a site containing apps as a template. First, you have to remove all apps. All the designed forms will continue working properly. Next, save the site as a template.

Displaying 21 to 26 of 26 messages